“We believe that providing landlords with the highest quality of service ensures that our community’s most vulnerable families can find housing."
NEW: We’re proud to present our new email service to update our landlords and owners on program developments and other new services. To sign-up please click here.
What is Section 8?
Also known as the Housing Choice Voucher program, it is a rental subsidy program that assists eligible families—such as very low income, elderly, or disabled families—to find housing in the private market.
Why should I become a Section 8 landlord?
The program offers several benefits to owners: virtually nonexistent unit turnover or loss of rent, assured rent collection, good residents, and rental income security. Furthermore, HABC greatly values its owners and landlords, making every effort at achieving excellence in service.
How do I become a Section 8 landlord?
- List your property as accepting Section 8 assistance. We recommend that you complete our Property Listing form as well as advertise anywhere you normally would for any unassisted unit.
- Screen Section 8 tenant applicants and submit to HABC a completed RFTA (Request for Tenancy Approval)
- HABC processes RFTA, checks rent reasonableness, and schedules the move-in inspection
- Once the unit passes inspection the tenant may move in and begin receiving assistance
- You and your tenant will receive notification of any changes or updates throughout the tenancy
For more information on becoming a landlord, please refer to the Landlord Guide.
For self-service, please refer to the following documents:
You may email landlords @habc.us with any questions or concerns regarding your tenants or account. You may also submit any documentation, e.g., rent change requests, direct deposit forms, change of ownership paperwork, to that email.
For Landlord Portal access, please email email@example.com.